Don't call it schmoozing or glad handing or partying. Networking is about business, relationships, and people. While there should be a fun side, a lighter tone, and a social aspect to your activities, networking is absolutely vital to your future growth.
If you take networking seriously then you will:
- Seek out events with like-minded (i.e. serious and sober!) people
- Follow up on your commitments to people you meet
- Not blow off RSVP's made because you don't feel like going
- Focus on relationships, not selling
- And make sure to give first without expectations.
Happy New Year!