Every Day is Today ... Resolution Day, That Is

On New Years Day, there are two kinds of people: those who make resolutions and those who don't. Is this a form of the continuing battle between optimists and pessimists? Is is a triumph of hope over experience? Or are the people who make resolutions just doing what I do almost every day?

Although I don't make resolutions, New Years Day is still a favorite holiday of mine. There's a sense of renewal, a feeling of refreshment, and a chance to begin anew. If I feel that way about it, why don't I make resolutions? Because I try to resolve every day.

They're not "resolutions" to me. They are goals and principals; strategies and plans. I don't make new ones every day - you can't pile that many on. Those that I do make, I review almost every single day.

But I still really enjoy the feeling of New Years Day. I try to soak it up so I can wring out a bit of this feeling all year long. Here's to a great 2010!

How about you? Optimist or pessimist? Resolutions or not?

1 comment:

  1. I am the same way Beth. I work on my goals daily. I really take pleasure in creating long term, medium, and short term goals and then crossing them off as met. I also have a list off 100 audacious goals that I have carried around with me for 20+ years. Those are getting checked off every so often.

    Have a great New Year. I know, given your attitude and desire to be of service, that 2010 will be the best of years for you and yours.

    Frank

    ReplyDelete