Getting Back What You Give Part 2

A couple of my friends on Facebook had very nice comments to add to my post of two days ago (Getting Back What You Give). They suggested that perhaps I didn't feel like I was diminished by giving because I give things that come easy to me, but that aren't so simple for the other person.

I'm sure they're right. I think about things that people do for me that make life much simpler for me because it would have been difficult or time-consuming for me to try it. I've felt such gratitude for their help and yet to them, it was knowledge or abilities that they were very comfortable with.

So think about the next time you give to someone and they seem more grateful than you expected. You probably just helped them with something that would have been tough for them to do, but was easy for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment