Nice to See Old Friends

I ran into two people I haven't seen in a long time. Both encounters served to highlight recent themes that I've been writing about.

Robert De la Vega runs Detail Direct, a mobile auto detailing business. We were talking about cars, of course. I said I didn't think about my car much; it's just a tool to get me places. But Robert pointed out that it is part of your image. We take time to press our clothes, shine our shoes, and comb our hair, so why would you drive around with a dirty, messy car? Good point Robert. Just like Robert Mano said - marketing is every impression we make on a client. And that includes the car we show up in. Doesn't have to be fancy, but it should reflect the care we take with our personal grooming.

I also saw a friend I worked with nearly 10 years ago. We were in the fresh tomato business together. Kim Carroll now works with Ruiz Foods, but her passion is working with people in fitness. It's not just networkers who say "I tried it once and it didn't work so I quit", apparently we do that with exercise, too. Kim helps people stay on track with their fitness programs.

It was great seeing them - both Kim and Robert are good people. There's another reason for getting out and going places - you never know who you might see.

No comments:

Post a Comment